Very Inspiring Blogger Award
I was very excited this morning to open up my emails and find I’d been nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by Mama Miyuki who is also ‘very passionate about food and eating out’ and focuses on Indonesian food. Check out Mama’s great blog! As you will see from the rules of the award listed below, I now have to nominate 15 blogs and that gives me a great opportunity to let you know about other blogs I read regularly and enjoy … you will not be surprised to see they are about food and travel too!
Many thanks for Mama Miyuki!!
The rules of the awards are:
1. Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back.
3. Share 7 random things about yourself.
4. Select 15 blogs for the award.
5. Copy and paste the award on your blog somewhere.
7 Random Things About Me:
1. I’m a coffee person; I may be English but I can live quite happily without tea.
2. I love most food but not game. I couldn’t eat the strong-tasting grouse in that great British institution, the restaurant Rules when I tried it many years ago but my lovely dad swapped plates with me!
3. Back in the day when I was a full-time book editor I was a shop steward for the National Union of Journalists.
4. I’m not green-fingered in the vegetable patch but have a lot of success growing orchids.
5. I love all things Italian but my favourite place is Venice and staying at the Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo.
6. I love chocolate but only dark … never milk or white; too sweet. I like Montezuma’s, Neuhaus and some amazing Sprungli truffles ‘A’ brought from Zurich.
7. I always keep a half bottle of champagne in my fridge - never be without champagne!
My Nominees for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award are:
These are in no particular order but ones I’ve discovered since starting my own blog that I enjoy reading. Some have wonderful recipes, some amazing photos, and some always give me a good laugh, like Domestic Diva at No.7. I hope you’ll take a look and enjoy them too. One of the great things for me is that I have regular interactions with some of these bloggers and over the 15 months of blogging, I feel like they’ve become new friends.
5. Going Dutch